To be a Centre of Excellence in enhancing and promoting social cohesion, conflict prevention, resolution and management, building sustainable peace and in establishing a conducive environment for achieving sustainable development through a human rights based approach.
To contribute to peaceful coexistence of all groups within the communities through promotion of human rights based approach for sustainable peace and development.
Our Values and Principles
The core values of IPHRD-Africa include:
- Gender equality
- Commitment to continuous organizational learning, ensuring the ongoing professional development of staff capacity and of absorbing lessons gathered from all aspects of our work and the work of others
- The promotion of local ownership and national capacity building to ensure sustainable processes
- Consultative, Participatory and inclusive
- Learning and knowledge-based approach
- Balanced approach to gender, diversity, culture and age
- Respect for local culture and belief in the power of local capacities, ideas and solutions